Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Potpourri of Quickies

Every now and then I look through my collection of bookmarked links and realize that I have plenty of things I want to share with no connecting thread to tie them together.  Today is one of those days.  So instead of sitting on them any longer, here's a round-up of some great style-related links for you:

• More on color trends for fall at Refinery 29.

• The Budget Fashionista recommends seven fall items you can buy right now.

• StyleList has some tips on transitioning your wardrobe from summer to early fall.

• Levi's has released a new denim line called Curve ID, designed to better fit women's bodies.  But there's some controversy concerning the line's sizing and promotion.

• Today was 9/02/10!  Celebrate 90210 Day with the original West Beverly High class and Go Fug Yourself.

• Yahoo's style page has some cute fall coats – all under $100!

 Have a great weekend, everyone!  I'll be back in full swing next week, so watch this space!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Redone due to proofreading.)
    Those Curve ID jeans all look rather form-fitting. Clearly, Levi's is saying that women over size 14 should wear baggier clothing or maybe dress like men, because no one wants to see that wrapped in skin-tight denim. Though, seeing that they have 22 styles of jeans for plus-sized women, and seeing the explanation of how plus-sized women are all so very different in where they hold their weight, makes it make a lot more sense. I wonder if having only white people in their ad is a combination of knowing that's the majority of their market, and not caring to expand their market at all.

    I know when I was size 2 and had the same ass I have now at size 6/8, I would have loved some booty jeans made by Levi's. The booty jeans in the booty jean stores at the mall aren't even remotely my style. I am simply too old to wear that much glitter and bedazzling. But now I just keep buying the same style of low-waisted Levi's I've been buying for years. At the outlet mall because it's cheaper. And low-waisted because then it doesn't matter what my waist measurement does. The jeans will pretty much always fit my unchanging hips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, there are a lot of skinny jean styles. But in the past few years "curvy" has become fashion lingo for "plus sized," so it looks pretty bad to have their "curvy" line end at the average size of American women.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all this information!! Thanks!!

    Plus, I really like the colors for this year - finally some more neutrals.

    ReplyDelete