Thursday, June 17, 2010

DIY Quickie: The 1-Hour Dress

Summer is the time for dresses! And if you like making your own clothes, check out this 1-hour dress at CraftStylish:

Image courtesy of CraftStylish.com

There's some argument in the comments about whether this dress can actually be made in an hour. (I don't sew, so I can't say how accurate those comments are.) But they include a detailed list of what you'll need and diagrams to help you along your way and the instructions were easy enough for a non-sewer like me to understand. I love that the silhouette is simple enough that you can make it in stretch jersey and have a comfortable day dress, or bring up the hemline and use a fabric with metallic threading for a cute cocktail look.

If anyone makes this dress at home, let me know! I'd love to post your pictures and hear how well this pattern actually works.

No comments:

Post a Comment