Saturday, June 12, 2010

Saturday Quickies

Happy weekend, everyone! Here's a couple of quickies for your style file:

The Budget Fashionista (a great site) has some options for wearing the current skinny jean trend, even if you're not so skinny. I have a few pairs of skinny jeans (I'm a size 12 with not-inconsiderable hips) and I usually make sure to pair them with a long top that has some volume to it to balance out the proportions. Or I'll add a big, bright scarf to draw the eye upward toward my face. The trick with skinny jeans is finding a comfy fit and choosing the rest of your outfit with proportion in mind.

Stylelist investigates the idea that a "go away gray" pill might be in our near future. I hope so!

Have you heard about the new Huggies faux denim diapers? Personally I think they're a bit silly... since when is it taboo for a baby to be seen in a diaper? But one writer actually hates them so much she cites them as a symptom of a blurring line between childhood and adulthood and rising obesity rates. She even goes so far as to say that "People swollen with fat look like giant babies, the lines and wrinkles pressed from their faces." Yes, she managed to blame all our societal ills on silly-looking diapers and insult overweight people all at once. I for one am impressed.

1 comment:

  1. Well, being overweight is a way to keep ahead of the wrinkles. But I don't understand why babies need jean diapers, or how that relates to obesity. I just think it makes them look like tiny little rednecks.

    ReplyDelete